Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home Wine Kitchen

This is another St. Louis Gem that I discovered just a few weeks ago. Home Wine Kitchen is a small restaurant on Manchester Rd, but it has unique and delicious food. It is a little pricey, but pretty reasonable considering the quality of food you get. It's also adorable, I was fascinated by their decorations (apparently I have a thing for old re-used wood - particularly old doors)


How cool is this coat rack? That would be so easy to make and looks awesome. Excuse the awful angle, my friends wouldn't let me embarrass them by getting up to take this picture.


I first discovered Home Wine Kitchen for Brunch one Sunday. That is where I heard about their No Menu Mondays. Basically every Monday they do a dinner service with no menu. You walk in and answer some questions.

  1. Are you allergic to anything or have any dietary restrictions?
  2. What makes you say yuck?
  3. If the chef were a magic genie what would you have her make?
  4. When you cook at home what do you make, is it any good
Based on your answers to the questions the chef creates for you a 3 course menu and everybody's meal at the table is different. Which is great because it means you can try lots of different food. And the food...omg it was amazing. Beautiful and delicious.

Appetizers:

Fried egg and arugula salad on a french toast

Fried goat cheese and arugula

Beet chips (I think)

Scallops

Shaved duck?
 Main Courses:
Filet Mignon and broccollini

Cornish hen?

Trout with pomegranate sauce


Beef cheek with mashed potatoes

I forget what type of fish this was
Desserts



Chocolate Ganache

Bread Pudding I believe?

Cranberry sweet bread with orange spread

Fondue with strawberries and cake

Biscuits with fig jam and cheese

After we finished that meal, which is one of the longest meals I've ever been a part of (Almost 3 hours!) none of us felt as if we could move... We were so full. It was almost sad that we were so full, I'd love to have been able to eaten more. If I ever go back or if anybody reading this ever goes (which you should!) I would recommend not eating the entire day so you are starving for this meal because you will get so much food and will want to eat all of it.

Home Wine Kitchen recommends you make reservations a few weeks in advance because it is a very popular thing to do. But if you want a real amazing dinning experience in St. Louis for an affordable amount of money (cost is set at 30 per person), it is the place to go. 

Looking at those pictures makes me want to go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment