Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

St. Louis is a Beer Town

I didn't like beer at all when I first got to college. But that is hardly a surprise when the high quality beer choice is Bud Light. Since I turned 21, I've been able to explore all the great craft beer varieties available, and for a lil gal just beginning  to learn about beer and what types are out there, St. Louis is a great town for that.


My education got a big jump when I decided to take a class. Yes - a beer class. Even better, a FREE beer class. Enter: Cicero's Beer School. If you live in the St. Louis area and you you like free beer, you have to come. It will be one of the things I miss most when I leave St. Louis in a few short months.

Lets examine some of the pros of beer school...
1. Free Beer (duh - no brainer)
Perhaps the best beer we got try.
 We sampled this beer before it was even released in the brewery with a super
 limited release and a price tag of 20 bucks a bottle. (source)

2. The Homework = Buy Beer
If you buy any of the beers tried the week before and bring in your receipt
you automatically are in a drawing to win a bucket of beer!

3. The prizes 
At the end of each class, the instructor asks questions. 
You gotta be quick - but if you are right you win a prize.
 Check out my collection below
Pint glasses are common prizes. Maybe I never have to buy real ones?
Or do real people have to drink out of non-beer logo pint glasses?

My big win from last week. Love Blue Moon - although I hardly consider it craft anymore...
Does that make me a beer snob or a real person. Perhaps both?

The cons of beer school?
1. Its only once a week
2. It isn't going to follow me to the next city :(


More on some great breweries of St. Louis in the next few weeks. I won't write about the actually beer school beers because some other beer school attendees do that here.
But perhaps I'll bring my camera and the boy and go check out some of the new breweries that have opened in this town in the last few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment