Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Better Late than Never?

I know, its been nearly 2 months since I wrote a blog. It's terrible, but to be fair, I've been super busy living - which means I have a TON of stuff that I want to write about and just haven't had the time or desire to write it all done.
So what all have I been doing since graduation in May? Well, I had a week at home where I was unpacking and organizing all my stuff and packing to get ready for Chris and my road trip. Then Chris and I left for our road trip. We traveled from Batavia to South Dakota and hit up the badlands and Mt. Rushmore. Then we headed into Wyoming and stopped at Devils Tower and then headed into Yellowstone. We were in Yellowstone for 4 nights and 3 days before we drove south into Grand Teton National Park. We were there for 3 nights and about 4 days before we drove south to Denver and did a quick brewery tour (New Belgium, Left Hand, and Avery) and the next day drove back home. Great very long trip with lots of details to come.


We got home on Sunday at like 1am and my mother and I left for the Amazon on Tuesday morning. We were in Ecuador for 9 days and spent 4 days in the jungle - observing the amazing wildlife and learning about a lot of the issues that the native people are facing as they try to make a living without destroying the rainforest.

When we got back we took a short 2 day trip up to Michigan for my cousin's high school graduation open house and also got to see my grandfather who has been very weak for awhile. We saw him saturday evening and he could barely keep his eyes open, it was very sad. Sunday morning he was doing better and was able to have a conversation with us and even made a couple jokes.

After we got back, I headed down to Lexington to help Chris move into his condo and help him decorate it. It was a great trip and nice to explore Lexington a little more. It also meant I got to see dear little Daisy.
Came back from Lexington on July 2nd in time to hang out with our Australian friend, James, who has been traveling around the US for the last couple months. We had a lovely 4th (although it was a little tamer than the celebrations I have had the last few years).

Then, on July 5th, we learned that my grandfather passed away. It was of course sad, but I know that he was so unhappy in the nursing home, and it is nice to know that he is in a much happier place. We were able to rush and get everything together and were able to have the funeral this weekend, which allowed us to race back home Sunday evening so I could start my first day of orientation of the new job bright and early on Monday morning.

A little bit of a crazy month and half isn't it?

So here are the blogs that I want to write over the next few weeks - I'll link them here once I actually write them all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment